- November 14, 2008 at 3:56 pm #266614
1 cup of unscented shampoo
1/2 cup of water
1 1/2 tablespoon salt
12-15 drops of essential oil or fragrance oil.
In a bowl mix together the shampoo and water. Add salt and mix
well. The salt will help the shampoo to gel.
Then add your
essential or fragrance oils a few drops at a time. You don’t
want to over due the scent. If you want to add some food
coloring to give it a bit of color you can, but that is totally
You can either bottle it up and make it all fancy with ribbons, or use it for your self!!
- November 15, 2008 at 10:01 am #403619
Thanks Lynn! I think I may make some for gifts!!
- November 15, 2008 at 5:08 pm #403634
Thank you Lynn. This is the kind of thing I like to do. I have always liked to take one thing and creat something new from it.
- November 15, 2008 at 5:35 pm #403637
Your welcome Jaime, I make alot of my gifts, I think sometime I have more fun making them 🙂
- November 15, 2008 at 8:42 pm #403646
Are you using regular table salt with this recipe? Thanks. Have never tried this before.
One other question what type of shampoo do you use ( brand that is)…….
- November 16, 2008 at 12:21 am #403678
Hey JoAnn, I use regular table salt and plain VO5….. Hope that helps 🙂
- November 16, 2008 at 2:21 am #403688
Ok THanks — I just wanted to do this correctly.
- November 16, 2008 at 2:34 am #403691
Oh its all good, you can substitue and adapt this to your liking actually… Good luck dear friend!!!
- December 6, 2008 at 10:04 am #405477
Why couldn’t you skip the fragrance oil and use a pretty scented shampoo. But two bottles of shampoo, turn one into shower gel and have a pretty matching gift set?
- December 6, 2008 at 10:10 am #405479
That’s a great idea Janice. I like that, it would make a nice gift.
- December 6, 2008 at 10:20 am #405480
Suave makes shampoo & matching conditionersin all sorts of fragrances and it’s very budget friendly. A pretty basket, hand made wash cloth (If you crochet) and 3 matching bath products. Very nice gift.
- December 7, 2008 at 10:25 pm #405594
Excellent idea Janice, I may have to go find some items for this tomorrow!!
- December 7, 2008 at 10:42 pm #405612
This sounds great!! 🙂
- December 7, 2008 at 10:46 pm #405614
Hope you enjoy this idea Suey!!
- December 8, 2008 at 4:47 pm #405603
Sounds great, but where would I find unscented shampoo?
- December 8, 2008 at 8:54 pm #405693
CVS has the plain unscented shampoo 🙂
- May 25, 2009 at 11:08 am #421960
This sounds wonderful and easy. I’m all about easy you know. Could anyone please tell me where they get their containers to put this in.
Any help would be great!! Have a blessed day all!!
- July 5, 2009 at 2:50 am #423292
Syndy, they sell all sorts of nifty containers at Hobby Lobby and Michael’s. Do you have access to those? Dollar Tree usually has appropriate containers as well.
- September 14, 2009 at 9:07 pm #424944
Cool idea! I like matching shower gel to shampoo.
- November 18, 2013 at 6:26 am #445181
Great ideas!! Thanks to everyone for their input!!!
- November 20, 2013 at 6:30 pm #445252
Good recipe for hardworking bodies at the end of the day (of yard work, house work, work work!) Thanks!
- December 5, 2013 at 5:36 am #445497
I am so exited to have found this recipe!! I sure am going to try this!
- December 6, 2013 at 6:01 am #445511
Thanks, I am making this for my family. Everyone can have their own scent.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.