Budget101 Discussion List Archives Pet Care Homemade Self Watering Bowl for Dogs and Cats

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

i came across a really neat site (in another language) that shows how to make your own self watering bowl for pets. so i thought i would share it, translated of course.

materials:
      2 pieces of wood 20″ long
      1 piece of wood 14″ long
      2 L bottle
      Watering Bowl
      Velcro tape
      screws
      Wood glue
      Spray paint or varnish

Take the 2×4 piece and mark it on the wider bottom piece of wood. Apply wood glue to the bottom and adhere it, holding it, the screw it into place. (Or nail it)

once it’s nailed or screwed together you can decide whether or not you want to paint it.

Apply the Velcro Strips to the wood (set the bowl on the bottom platform, then hold the 2L bottle up to it to determine how high to place the Velcro. Remember that the opening of the bottle must be in the top inch or so of the bowl.

Add the Velcro pieces to the board and also to the 2 liter bottle. If you use heavy duty Velcro brand than this is all you need, if you’re using a cheaper kind, apply superglue for added strength. Let them set for at least 2 hours before actually filling the bottle.

To Use: Fill the water bowl AND the 2L bottle with water. Hold your thumb over the 2 lt bottle while flipping it upside down and making sure the opening is in the water bowl.

release thumb. that is all.

photo Source

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.

What a wonderful idea!!

We have 3 Ferrets who’s hobby seems to be tipping water bowls over to see if there are anything underneath.

There never is… except the water which was in the bowl so this idea would be great and I could attach it to the wall.

Thankyou!

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Budget101 Discussion List Archives Pet Care Homemade Self Watering Bowl for Dogs and Cats