- This topic has 0 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated December 21, 2015 at 7:33 pm by .
- January 16, 2015 at 12:33 pm #351578BaconEater
Pumpkin Dog Biscuits
Stop giving your dog treats from China that is killing our dogs! Here is a Pumpkin Recipe that is healthy for them – Pumpkin Dog Biscuits!
* Brown rice flour gives the biscuits crunch and promotes better dog digestion. Many dogs have touchy stomachs or allergies, and do not, like many people I know, tolerate wheat.
1/2 cup canned pumpkin
2 tablespoons dry milk
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
2 1/2 cups brown rice flour *
1 teaspoon dried parsley (optional)
Preheat oven to 350.In large bowl, whisk together eggs and pumpkin to smooth. Stir in dry
milk, sea salt, and dried parsley (if using, optional). Add brown rice
flour gradually, combining with spatula or hands to form a stiff, dry
Turn out onto lightly floured surface (can use the brown rice
flour) and if dough is still rough, briefly knead and press to combine.
Roll dough between 1/4 – 1/2″ – depending on your dog’s chew
preferences, – and use biscuit or other shape cutter to punch shapes,
gathering and re-rolling scraps as you go. Place shapes on cookie sheet,
no greasing or paper necessary. If desired, press fork pattern on
biscuits before baking, a quick up-and-down movement with fork, lightly
pressing down halfway through dough.Bake 20 minutes. Remove from oven
and carefully turn biscuits over, then bake additional 20 minutes. Allow
to cool completely on rack before feeding to dog.
Makes up to 75 small (1″) biscuits or 50 medium biscuits
Source: this showed up on my personal fb feed
Attachments:You must be logged in to view attached files.
- December 21, 2015 at 7:33 pm #462614noelanirnTried this yesterday and it didn’t work. I couldn’t get it to hold together. I tried adding some water to see if more moisture was needed, added more pumpkin, used my hands to try to format it and no matter what, it crumbled.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.