Budget101 Discussion List Archives Household Recipes Homemade Oven Cleaner

This topic contains 5 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by MamaSmurf August 25, 2016 at 1:11 am.

• Author

4 tbsp baking soda
    4 tbsp hot steamy water
    toothbrush or soft-bristle brush
    sponge

Make a paste by combining the baking soda and water.
    Apply it to the inside of the oven using the brush.
    Allow the solution to sit for 1 minute.
    Scrub with brush until oven is clean.
    Rinse with water and sponge until no traces of baking soda remain.

:120103_emTE32_prv (

This is great! My oven hasn’t been cleaned in a about a year. ( I don’t use it that much) but I noticed a lot of pizza residue in it and it started to smoke a bit.

I tried your concoction and it worked fabulous. Sure beats store bought chemicals that kill your lungs.

Got to love baking soda.

I buy baking soda by the bag. I use it in baking, carpet cleaning and now oven cleaning.

cheers for the tip

If your oven is really, really dirty and this won’t budge anything, try adding vinegar into the mixture (for a max of 30 minutes) but please check if this is harmful to your particular oven (when mixed with bicarb.)

I use baking soda all the time to clean. Suggested that to my boss at work and showed her how clean I could get the glass doors to the case. Takes the minerals spots off the metal cases too.

I am allergic to some chemicals, so my cleaning supplies involve baking soda and vinegar. Cheaper too. When I burned something in the bottom of an old aluminum pan, I rinsed it out, put in some baking soda and water and put it on to boil..

I had thought I would never use that pan again. I watched as the black just peeled and boiled off the pan.

The oven door slides right off from a vertical position to give better access to clean it.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login Register

Budget101 Discussion List Archives Household Recipes Homemade Oven Cleaner