Viewing 20 reply threads
  • Author

I have decided to try making the laundry sauce. But was wondering if it works at grass and food stains, or if I still need to pre- treat the clothes?

From the comments I have read about the laundry sauce, It does work on grass and food stains and I do not believe that pre-treating for those stains is necessary. Hope this helps. Thanks; Virginia

I have made the laundry sauce recipe and I love it. I use it all the time now, quit buying the store bought stuff. I have yet to find many stains this will not work on but I still pretreat blood stains.

I am new to this site so if I posted incorrectly I apologize. 🙂

Avatar for cookin againcjsmith45
      Participant

If you need to pre-treat, especially grass stains, rub your fels naptha bar on the stain. The directions are on the package. My son’s softball coach taught me that one.

Hi there! My name is Lynne and I am new here. I’ve been trying for well over an hour to locate the Laundry Sauce recipe and am having trouble getting it.

I sent a message to report a possible link error when I click on the recipe but not sure when they will respond. I just keep getting a green screen. I even tried to access through Facebook and I still can not access it.

Does anyone know if it is located in another area on the site or is it possible for anyone to share it with me? I really want to try it out. Thanks very much!

@LynneRoberts 347291 wrote:

Hi there! My name is Lynne and I am new here. I’ve been trying for well over an hour to locate the Laundry Sauce recipe and am having trouble getting it.

I sent a message to report a possible link error when I click on the recipe but not sure when they will respond. I just keep getting a green screen. I even tried to access through Facebook and I still can not access it.

Does anyone know if it is located in another area on the site or is it possible for anyone to share it with me? I really want to try it out. Thanks very much!

https://www.budget101.com/do-it-yourself/4075-super-laundry-sauce-for-dummies/
      Budget101.com – – Mom’s Super Laundry Sauce | Whipped Laundry Soap | Make your own Laundry Detergent

I love this stuff– i now make it in one container and use my stick blender to cream it up and it works great. I just do a load of towels and rinse my blender off under the washing machine flow, no waste at all.

where can one purchase the fels naptha soap? thanks in advance for everyone’s rapid response..

You can buy fels naphta on the laundry aisle of most retailers. I haven’t found it in our Target yet but Walmart and grocery chains carry it.

Wal-Mart or hardware stores are where I’ve found it in Montana.

Lynne I was having the same exact problem. What I finally did was googled “Mom’s Super Laundry Soap” and it brought me to the recipe. Hope this helps.

I so wish I had my ‘thank you’ button visible.. I would have simply ‘thanked’ you for this!! What a great idea!

The blender can absolutely be rinsed in the laundry water.. what a great idea. Thank you!!!

I found the recipe by using the search bar at the top! Gonna try it soon.

I really appreciate the link for the laundry sauce. I got a husband and son that work in the auto industry and another son that is just working on small engines. Not to mention a daughter that comes home with mud and grass from the horses.

This will surely beat the prices I pay for shout it out.

Hi,
      I don’t pre-treat stains when using the Homemade Laundry Soap(I used a recipe I found on this site). The Laundry Soap takes out any and all stains and it leaves our clothes smelling great! I will never again pay for Laundry Soap or for a stain Pre-Treatment again.

I am so excited by the amount of money I am saving!

I just made this today. It was simple to make and I can’t wait to try it out. I found that the fels naptha soap was fairly easy to slice with a knife and then chop into small pieces.

I’m excited about this.

Can’t wait to try this recipe! I have made homemade soap before, but have diluted it which doesn’t really work well due to separation etc. We have a brand new HE toploader, and I have been assured this kind of soap works fine with them as they don’t have much suds.

As for comments asking where to find the ingredients – all of the WalMarts in our area have all of the ingredients lined up side by side on the same shelf in the cleaning aisle! How convenient is that?!

Hello, I am new here; but LOVE this site already!!!!. I have been making homemade laundry soap for almost a year now, but have always made the powered one (which takes a lot more ingredients). Will be making the sauce when that runs out for sure.

Has the ingredients for the powder, just not all of them. Thank you so much for being available for those of us always looking to save $$$$

@debbym 395721 wrote:

Can’t wait to try this recipe! I have made homemade soap before, but have diluted it which doesn’t really work well due to separation etc. We have a brand new he toploader, and i have been assured this kind of soap works fine with them as they don’t have much suds.

as for comments asking where to find the ingredients – all of the walmarts in our area have all of the ingredients lined up side by side on the same shelf in the cleaning aisle! how convenient is that?!

i’m new to blogging, on this site, too and i can’t wait to try the laundry sauce – i’ll stop at walmart, tomorrow, to pick up supplies – especially if they’re all lined up, side by side, on the shelf! nice!!

I wonder if laundry soap would work for washing cars, boat, etc.?
      Has anyone tried it?

I am going to try and make this myself and see how it works. I am anxious to try it.

Viewing 20 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.