- This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated November 13, 2008 at 9:04 pm by .
- November 12, 2008 at 2:32 pm #266483
3/4 cup sugar
1 pint each, heavy cream and milk
5 oz. rum
8 oz rye
Separate eggs. Beat the whites until they stiffen, then gradually add 1/4 cup of the sugar while beating.
In a separate bowl, beat the yolks, then slowly add the remaining 1/2 cup sugar, stirring continuously to dissolve it. Add the heavy cream, milk, run and rye to the yolks and stir together until the mixture is smooth.
Stir beaten egg whites into the mixture, then refrigerate until thoroughly chilled. To serve, pour a jigger of brandy or rum into the bottom of a cup or glass if desired, then fill the cup with eggnog. Sprinkle with nutmeg and serve.
Dont forget a designated driver!!
- November 13, 2008 at 5:37 pm #403433
But of course you can forget the rum and rye and add some rum flavoring for the whole family to enjoy!
- November 13, 2008 at 9:04 pm #403447
exactly!! Thats the idea!!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.