- This topic has 10 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated May 21, 2014 at 3:25 pm by .
- February 13, 2012 at 9:41 pm #303417
Does anyone have a good recipe that they could post on here? I would like to make this and put it in a cute mason jar and give as a gift. I googled and thought maybe someone on here could better assist me.
- February 13, 2012 at 11:42 pm #431429
Money Saving Dishwasher Tips:
Budget101.com – – Money Saving Dishwasher Tips | Household Savings Tips
Dishwasher Detergent (dry)
Budget101.com – – Automatic Dishwasher Detergent
Homemade Dishwashing Liquid & Dry Detergent Recipes:
- January 31, 2014 at 11:54 pm #449652
I make my own dry dishwasher detergent. I do a 1:2:2 ratio of LemonShine, Borax, and Washing Soda. The LemonShine isn’t needed unless you (or the person you are giving it to) have hard water.
If you (or they) don’t have hard water, a 1:1 ratio of Washing Soda and Borax works well too, at least for my family it does. It only uses about a tablespoon for each load.
- February 2, 2014 at 2:29 pm #449725
What is LemonShine, and where do you get it?
- February 2, 2014 at 6:21 pm #449752
can the homemade laundry self also be used as a carpet cleaner
- February 4, 2014 at 1:55 am #449879
Lemi Shine (sorry, I misspelled it) is found in the dishwasher detergent location of a store or online. It’s for people who have hard water for their tap water. It for removing hard water minerals in the main wash cycle of your dishwasher since normal detergent isn’t made for hard water usually.
I have attached a link to the item so you’ll know what it is I’m talking about.
- February 5, 2014 at 4:31 pm #449978
I am wondering if this leaves a film on the dishes? Using the “Dishwasher Sauce” left a film.
- February 7, 2014 at 3:45 am #450090
If you have hard water, that would leave behind film on your dishes. This is where LemiShine helps.
- February 7, 2014 at 5:07 am #450100
- March 2, 2014 at 8:55 am #451845
I splash a little bleach on my utinsels, no more residue and inside of dishwasher is clean too.
- March 12, 2014 at 4:30 am #452288
I could not find the Lemi-shine but I found Finish Power Up Detergent Booster. I used 1/4 cup with 1 c borax, 1 c washing soda, I splash some vinegar on the bottom of machine, probably don’t need to do that but it works awesome!! My first load just finished.
I like the sauce as well, but left a film, rinse aid helped with that. My dishes are very spot free!!
- May 21, 2014 at 3:25 pm #453559
Which LemiShine product? The rinse agent or the detergent? I’m not seeing the link.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.