Budget101 Discussion List Archives Household Recipes Homemade Carpet Cleaner & Deodorizer

This topic contains 8 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by StanleyRoark March 15, 2019 at 7:37 am.

• Author

Carpet Shampoo Solution:

1 cup oxiclean*
    1 cup febreeze*
    1 cup distilled white vinegar
    *The homemade versions work fabulously!

Pour contents into shampooer tub and mix with hot water to fill tub completely. This will not only clean your carpets it will also deodorize. It will smell slightly of vinegar until the carpet is dry.

Be sure to test spot with the solution just to be safe, however this should be safe for ALL carpets.

Total of 3 cups of solution to what ratio of hot water? Thank You

I have actually used my homemade laundry soap as a carpet cleaner and deodorizer and I have never seen carpet so clean or smell so good.

Is it helpful for pet stain carpet cleaning?

Does this work on the “black/dirt ring” that you get along the edge of the room from using pro cleaners. I’ve tried to get it out myself but nothing seems to work.
    – Does it spot clean set in stains?
    – Does it work on water damage on berber carpets?
    – How do you dilute it (ratios) for doing spot cleaning and “the ring” cleaning?

Sounds like a great combo and we have everything here already. Thanks for the great advice!

The dishwashing detergent or vinegar is also helpful to remove stains and for cleaning of carpets.. I always try to make use of this two things to clean my Wool Carpet ..

I have found variety of way for residential carpet cleaning as its the time of winter carpet cleaning can also be done by snow. Just put the carpets on the snow for 4-5 hr then gently vacuum. Its just simple as never before

@wilburngweston 678865 wrote:

I have found variety of way for residential carpet cleaning as its the time of winter carpet cleaning can also be done by snow. Just put the carpets on the snow for 4-5 hr then gently vacuum. Its just simple as never before

Forgive me, but how does vacuuming your carpet after they set in the snow going to get them clean?? We have Snow Fleas in our area and that will likely get them infested, rather than clean.

@culartstudent 285255 wrote:

Shampoo Solution:

1 cup oxiclean*
    1 cup febreeze*
    1 cup distilled white vinegar
    *The homemade versions work fabulously!

Hi
    Is this solution really works to clean the carpet properly??

Has anyone tried that solution recipe? I have a carpet shampoo, but the solution it comes with is a shxxt. I want to ask if I can use it on the carpet cleaner?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login Register

Budget101 Discussion List Archives Household Recipes Homemade Carpet Cleaner & Deodorizer