- This topic has 1 reply, 3 voices, and was last updated August 27, 2014 at 12:17 am by .
- June 10, 2014 at 4:01 pm #342712
Homemade anti itch (calamine) lotion
1 tablespoon sea salt
1 tablespoon baking soda
1 tablespoon bentonite clay (do not use any metal when using bentonite clay, as this will react with the clay making it less effective.)
witch hazel to form a paste – can also use water instead of witch hazel
Optional essential oils
5 drops lavender essential oil (antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, and analgesic)
5 drops peppermint essential oil (helps reduce itchiness and inflammation)
5 drops chamomile essential oil (natural antihistamine and helps reduce inflammation)
Combine all of the dry ingredients in a small bowl.
Slowly add in the witch hazel or water until a smooth and creamy paste forms, then add in the essential oils if you are using them.
Apply to poison ivy, itchy bug bites, chicken pox, and rashes. Keep refrigerated.
- August 26, 2014 at 6:06 pm #458146
My mom use to use this on us when we were little, It also helps to soothe sunburn.
- August 27, 2014 at 12:17 am #458165
Thanks for recipe…must try!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.