- This topic has 1 reply, 1 voice, and was last updated April 11, 2007 at 3:53 pm by .
- April 11, 2007 at 3:53 pm #240302BiggerPiggyBank
Homemade Air Fresheners
I have gradually changed my cleaning products to products I
make myself. I have really saved a lot of money, and my house
has never been cleaner. We also never have to worry about
toxins. Here are the air fresheners that I have found work
best.* Mix 1/4 cup baking soda with water in a spray bottle. Shake
well and spray. The baking soda absorbs the odor. You can also
add a little scent if you want. (I use vanilla extract. It
smells great and drives men wild for some reason)
* Spray undiluted white vinegar in the air. The vinegar smell
evaporates very quickly taking odors with it.
* Place a bowl of vinegar on the counter and let it sit for a
few hours.* Dampen a towel with vinegar and wave it through the air
* Fill a parmesan cheese shaker with baking soda. (I like to
spray it with a little of my favorite cologne.) Sprinkle over
carpets and let it sit as long as possible (Overnight is
best). Vacuum. I also add table salt to the baking soda, but
it is not necessary. The salt absorbs moisture and acts as an
abrasive. It really makes the carpet look better than
vacuuming without it.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.