Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      Avatar for KawaiiGiggleKawaiiGiggle
      Participant

Anyone have a mix for homemade air fresheners? I am getting tired of buying them and I want to try to make my own since I have a few essential oils. Thanks to anyone *and everyone* in advance!

The one “air freshner” that I make that seems to work the best is a mix of liquid fabric softener and water in a spray bottle. There is also the unflavored gelatin with your essential oils, it works but not as well in my opinion

Participant

Thanks a bunch hun! I will try the fabric softener and water.

I saw on youtube this gal just had a small spray bottle and filtered water and a few drops of whatever oils you like

I too have made some air freshener. I filled up a spray bottles added 5 drops each of lavender, tea tree, rosemary and lemongrass. Made for a nice scent

Participant

@TeeJay 192873 wrote:

I too have made some air freshener. I filled up a spray bottles added 5 drops each of lavender, tea tree, rosemary and lemongrass. Made for a nice scent

I am going to make this!

I have all of the oils at home. I love the way lemongrass and rosemary smell together. Thanks a bunch!

i use watereed down fabric softner….love it. I have also put flavoring like vanilla,or almond etc…..what ever flavor in water also…..

Avatar for KawaiiGiggleFreebieQueen

I have 1 “old” regular lightbulb in lamp in my bedroom, If I plan to sit and read for awhile, I like to add a single drop of essential oil directly onto the bulb. Just 1 drop! I have tons of different essential oils and I use various ones depending on my mood. I prefer Lavender, peppermint, neroli and balsam fir. (Separately, of course!)

I recently discovered a fantastic freshner, coffeecoffeebath smilie. I love the smell of the flavored coffee’s but I do not like the taste. Someone had given me some vanilla macademia nut coffee grounds so I used old pantyhose, cut of the toe area and filled with coffee grounds.

You can have used or unused grounds, however if it is used coffee grounds, let them dry out some or watch for molding). Tie off with a ribbon or whatever you have around. Hang in the location you prefer.

Enjoy the aroma. I have some hanging in my car on the rearview mirror, what an aroma!

Avatar for KawaiiGiggleFreebieQueen

@wilbe95 206526 wrote:

I recently discovered a fantastic freshner, coffeecoffeebath smilie.

I did that when we accidentally left crab bait (raw turkey necks!!) in the car for more than 2 days. *Shudder* it took nearly a week to completely remove all traces of the smell. I LOVE LOVE LOVE COFFEEEEEE!!!!

really cool ideas you have here. I love this site!!!

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.