- This topic has 1 reply, 1 voice, and was last updated October 30, 2009 at 11:48 am by .
- October 30, 2009 at 11:48 am #277917FreebieQueen
Bring your old incandescent Christmas light strings to any The Home Depot store for recycling, and receive a $3 off coupon for the purchase of Energy Efficient LED lights. Limit 5 discounts per customer.
Features & Benefits· Uses 80% less energy than traditional incandescent holiday lights.
· Energy Star qualified.
· Can last up to 10 times longer than traditional incandescent lights.
· Cool to the touch, reducing the risk of fire.
· Do not have moving parts, filaments or glass, so they are much more durable shock-resistant than other lights.
· The amount of electricity consumed by just one 7-watt incandescent bulb could power 140 LEDs- enough to light two 24 foot strings.
How Lights are Recycled
· The light bulb coupler and the socket plug are manually clipped.
· Three byproducts result and four categories of raw materials.
· Each byproduct is independently shredded for separation, returning glass, HDPE plastics , and non-ferrous copper as well as ferrous steel.
· The prepared separated raw materials are then sent to licensed smelters for re-casting or re-molding, all in accordance with local, state and Federal statutes.Valid through November 15, 2009.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.