Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing

Budget Menu & Dirt Cheap Recipes Mixes~MYO~Copycat~Etc Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing

Viewing 36 reply threads
  • Author

ranch salad dressing

1 c. mayonnaise
      1 c. buttermilk
      1 tsp.

parsley flakes
      1 tsp. garlic salt
      1/4 tsp. Accent
      1/8 tsp.

pepper
      Mix together and serve. Note: tastes like Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing. Dry onion flakes may be added if desired.

what is accent? i never heard of it before.

what is accent? i never heard of it before.

It is MSG (monosodium glutamate). It is used as a flavor enhancer.

It is MSG (monosodium glutamate). It is used as a flavor enhancer.

ooohhh!!!! okay! where could i get this?

ooohhh!!!! okay! where could i get this?

You can get it in the spice aisle at most stores.

You can get it in the spice aisle at most stores.

You can buy accent at any grocery store 🙂 Excellent recipe Tonia!!

You can buy accent at any grocery store 🙂 Excellent recipe Tonia!!

My kids love ranch dressing with almost everything. So when I saw this, I had to share it with everyone. Thanks everyone for sharing your recipes.

My kids love ranch dressing with almost everything. So when I saw this, I had to share it with everyone. Thanks everyone for sharing your recipes.

Mine do too!!! They will eat with with EVERYTHING!!!

Mine do too!!! They will eat with with EVERYTHING!!!

Does it come out the same without the MSG? Just wondering…. since I don’t own it and have heard bad things about it.

Does it come out the same without the MSG? Just wondering…. since I don’t own it and have heard bad things about it.

With all the more you would use of it I bet it would still taste the same. A lot of people have to avoid the MSG for one reason or another.

With all the more you would use of it I bet it would still taste the same. A lot of people have to avoid the MSG for one reason or another.

Here is my recipe for Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing, This one tastes EXACTLY like it, I make it up in an old HDR bottle and my family (& relatives) never knew the difference.

Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing Mix

Here is my recipe for Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing, This one tastes EXACTLY like it, I make it up in an old HDR bottle and my family (& relatives) never knew the difference.

Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing Mix

thanks for the info everyone!! i’m going to walmart for some stuff *thanks to the people who sent me coupons!!!!* and i’m gonna look there!

thanks for the info everyone!! i’m going to walmart for some stuff *thanks to the people who sent me coupons!!!!* and i’m gonna look there!

Tonia,
      I make the same recipe without the msg, i’m a ranch dressing fan..

Quote:
      a lot of people have to avoid the msg for one reason or another.

i’m one that has to avoid msg. it gives me head aches really bad.

Tonia,
      I make the same recipe without the msg, i’m a ranch dressing fan..

Quote:

i’m one that has to avoid msg. it gives me head aches really bad.

I am all for making both of these recipes!!!

I am all for making both of these recipes!!!

This is a recipe that I have and it tastes exactly the same as the kind we use to make at a restaurant I worked at. We used the powder mix you buy at the grocery store and added it to the gallon size mayonnaise jars and added buttermilk to thin. We went through a lot of dressing!

This recipe allows you to make just enough for a few salads and you can store the powder mix to have on hand. It is really good. I have made this at home and it tastes exactly the same.

Hope you enjoy it.

famous recipe salad dressing

2 tsps. salt
      2-3 tsps. parsley flakes
      1 tsp.

garlic salt
      1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
      1/2 tsp. onion powder
      1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
      1 1/4 cups buttermilk

Mix together first 5 ingredients and store in a small, tightly covered container until needed. Combine 2 tsps. of the powder mix with remaining ingredients; taste and add extra seasonings as desired.

For a thicker salad dressing, add more mayo. If you like it thinner add more buttermilk.

This is a recipe that I have and it tastes exactly the same as the kind we use to make at a restaurant I worked at. We used the powder mix you buy at the grocery store and added it to the gallon size mayonnaise jars and added buttermilk to thin. We went through a lot of dressing!

This recipe allows you to make just enough for a few salads and you can store the powder mix to have on hand. It is really good. I have made this at home and it tastes exactly the same.

Hope you enjoy it.

famous recipe salad dressing

2 tsps. salt
      2-3 tsps. parsley flakes
      1 tsp.

garlic salt
      1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
      1/2 tsp. onion powder
      1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
      1 1/4 cups buttermilk

Mix together first 5 ingredients and store in a small, tightly covered container until needed. Combine 2 tsps. of the powder mix with remaining ingredients; taste and add extra seasonings as desired.

For a thicker salad dressing, add more mayo. If you like it thinner add more buttermilk.

I’m also not a fan of MSG, sorry I didn’t even mention that you don’t have to use it. If you go through the dressing like we do, it really wouldn’t matter if you use it or not. I really don’t notice the difference, because I dont use it.

Thanks JoAnn for the info, I wasn’t think to clearly I guess when I posted this.

I’m also not a fan of MSG, sorry I didn’t even mention that you don’t have to use it. If you go through the dressing like we do, it really wouldn’t matter if you use it or not. I really don’t notice the difference, because I dont use it.

Thanks JoAnn for the info, I wasn’t think to clearly I guess when I posted this.

i made this and the hubbie liked it. he ate it with tacos. lol

i made this and the hubbie liked it. he ate it with tacos. lol

Thanks for this great copy cat recipe. dh gets migraine headaches from msg.

Thanks for this great copy cat recipe. dh gets migraine headaches from msg.

Quote:

i made this recipe without 1/4 tsp. Accent and it tasted very good–Thanks for this recipe.

Here is a ranch dressing recipe that we use.

Ranch Mix, Dressing

1 pkg. saltines
      1 c. dried parsley flakes
      1/2 c.

dried minced onion flakes
      2 Tbsp. dried thyme
      1 Tbsp. onion salt
      1 1/2 tsp.

garlic powder
      1 1/2 tsp. onion powder
      1 tsp. pizza or Italian seasoning herbs
      1/2 tsp.

crushed red pepper flakes

Place all in processor or dry blender and pulverize to a powder. Store in air-tight container.

To make dressing:

1 heaping T ranch mix
      1 c. buttermilk
      1 c. mayonnaise

Shake in jar to blend well. Chill at least 1 hour before serving.

Thanks; Virginia

Viewing 36 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Budget Menu & Dirt Cheap Recipes Mixes~MYO~Copycat~Etc Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing