Budget Menu & Dirt Cheap Recipes Dump Recipes Hickory Smoked Brisket

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Hickory Smoked Brisket:055:
      1 (3 to 4-lb) beef brisket
      1/4 cup liquid smoke
      1/2 tsp each celery salt, garlic salt, and onion powder
      Place brisket on a large piece of aluminum foil. Sprinkle generously with 1/4 cup cup of liquid smoke and all the seasonings. Wrap well and put into the crockpot. Cover and cook on LOW 10-12 hours (HIGH: 4 to 6 hours). Slice brisket into thin slices. Serve warm with juices poured over each slice.
      Note: the purpose of the foil is to intensify the heat and if you don’t use the foil add two hours to cooking time.

I made this before and it is GOOD!!! The meat is sooooo tender!

Participant

isn’t it?!! and you can get so many different leftover meals from this with that wonderful smoky flavor and aroma;-)

LOL my DH was just talking the other day about how he really wants to get a a smoker. A while back we were visiting my uncle and he had smoked a brisket in his smoker, hubby hasn’t stopped talking about it since then.

Times being what they are we just can’t afford one. So I’ll pick up a brisket and some liquid smoke and surprise him!!!

Thanx!!!!!!!:clap:

Kris

Participant

better buy a few bottles…he’s gonna want this a lot! LOL!

I cannot find liquid smoke anywhere. And McCormick stopped making their Hickory Smoked Salt. :022:
      Shelly

Participant

ooh hun-ney, that’s awful! have you tried asking the store managers about getting it? or have you looked at Kmart or Walmart?

I have found liquid smoke at Food Lion…. 🙂

We only have 2 food stores here HEB and Walmart and I have thoroughly checked. I might try asking the manager at HEB, Walmart is a waste of time.
      Shelly

You can go online For Walmart and check and request also.

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Budget Menu & Dirt Cheap Recipes Dump Recipes Hickory Smoked Brisket