Hi!

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author

I joined this forum last night (really late). I did a lot of browsing and have learned so much in just a few hours. I’m 27 years old and currently 7 months pregnant with my first child.

I joined because I have no financial or budgeting skills what-so-ever, and I’d like to change that considering I have a child on the way and I’m pretty much a step away from being homeless. Yes, I should have thought about this stuff years ago, but at least I’m trying now. The last thing I want is to have my child taken away from me because I can’t afford to take care of him.

He may not have the best things in life, but he’ll have what he needs and that’s what is important.

Welcome to the site. Hope you find many useful items to help you. Congratulations on the baby.

The most important thing a baby needs is pure love, and it sounds like you have that to give :). I look forward to your posts. If you need help just ask.

We are all trying to survive in a hard economy and can help in some small with. We have been in your shoes.

Hi! congrats on the baby. The first thing to do is to figure out what you are currently spending and adapt that.

The hard part is making choices of whether you “need” or “want” something. You may want McDonalds, but can substitute a homemade hamburger and be just as full. The main difference between those two is the cost. There are a lot of ways to cut a budget.

Substituting sodas for iced tea for instance. Cooking chicken instead of buying takeout chicken. Making homemade french fries.

Using bisquick to make biscuits instead of canned biscuits. Start small, and work up to full-fledged frugalness. It’s kind of a game as well as a necessity.

Blessings,
      Janet

@mikononeikan 85265 wrote:

I joined this forum last night (really late). I did a lot of browsing and have learned so much in just a few hours. I’m 27 years old and currently 7 months pregnant with my first child.

I joined because I have no financial or budgeting skills what-so-ever, and I’d like to change that considering I have a child on the way and I’m pretty much a step away from being homeless. Yes, I should have thought about this stuff years ago, but at least I’m trying now. The last thing I want is to have my child taken away from me because I can’t afford to take care of him.

He may not have the best things in life, but he’ll have what he needs and that’s what is important.

:039: Hi mikononeikan,

Welcome to the site. Yes you have come to the right spot to learn financial skills and budgeting skills.

Congrats on the baby. :cot:

With you reaching out into this site, and with Janet’s and Kim’s advice you are certainly heading in the right directions. Just remember if you have any questions ASK. There is always someone here that can help in some way.

This is a very friendly group. We are here to help each other. Hope to see you arouund the site.

Welcome! Congrats on the baby. There are wonderful ladies here that are encouraging and supportive!

You have taken the first step in helping you budget and controlling money better by coming here. Again, welcome!

Congratulations on the beautiful baby!!! You will find some great freebies here!!! Welcome aboard – these are a great bunch of friends here!!!

Look forward to your posts!!!

God Bless!!

Congarts on your baby and joining the group. I agree with all of the above comments.

Welcome & congrats on the baby! You won’t be sorry that you’ve started to economize! It really does become a fun game (seeing how much money you can save).

My suggestion would be… coupons coupons coupons!!! you won’t believe how much money they can save you.

if you use them wisely, you can cut your grocery bill in half (and many times even spend less that you save!). i won’t give you my whole “coupon lesson” right here on this thread, but just send me a pm if you’d like some coupon advice. the best part of coupon shopping: i get lots of stuff fo free!!!

enjoy the site!

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.