- This topic has 1 reply, 1 voice, and was last updated December 5, 2008 at 8:00 pm by .
- December 5, 2008 at 8:00 pm #267495
SPECIAL DARK Chocolate Chip Scones
3-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 cups (12-oz. pkg.) HERSHEY’S SPECIAL DARK Chocolate Chips
1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
2 cups chilled whipping cream
2 tablespoons butter, melted
Additional granulated sugar
Powdered sugar (optional)
1. Heat oven to 375°F. Lightly grease 2 baking sheets.
2. Stir together flour, 1/2 cup granulated sugar, baking powder and salt in large bowl. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts, if desired.
3. Stir whipping cream into flour mixture, stirring just until ingredients are moistened.
4. Turn mixture out onto lightly floured surface. Knead gently until soft dough forms (about 2 minutes). Divide dough into three equal balls. One ball at a time, flatten into 7-inch circle; cut into 8 triangles. Transfer triangles to prepared baking sheets, spacing 2 inches apart. Brush with melted butter and sprinkle with additional granulated sugar.
5. Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve warm, sprinkled with powdered sugar, if desired. 24 scones.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.