- October 13, 2008 at 8:01 pm #264558
Peanut-Cream Frosted Cocoa Cake
1/2 cup HERSHEY’S Cocoa
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine
1/2 cup shortening
1 cup water
1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup buttermilk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
PEANUT BUTTER CREAM(recipe follows)
CHOCOLATE GLAZE(recipe follows)
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Line two 9-inch round baking pans with wax paper; grease and flour wax paper.
2. Combine first 4 ingredients in saucepan; bring to boil over medium heat, stirring often. Remove from heat. Combine flour, sugar and baking soda in large bowl. Stir in cocoa mixture until blended. Beat in buttermilk, eggs and vanilla until blended. Pour into pans.
3. Bake 22 to 25 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes; remove from pans to wire racks. Cool completely.
4. Spread half of PEANUT BUTTER CREAM between layers; spread remaining cream on top of cake. Refrigerate 30 minutes. Drizzle
with COCOA GLAZE. Store covered in refrigerator. 12 servings.
PEANUT BUTTER CREAM: Combine 1/2 cup whipping cream and 1 package (10 oz.) REESE’S Peanut Butter Chips in small saucepan. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until chips melt and mixture is smooth. Cool to room temperature.
Beat 1-1/2 cups whipping cream until stiff. Stir one-third into peanut butter mixture. Fold in remaining whipped cream. 3-1/2 cups.
COCOA GLAZE: Melt 2 tablespoons butter or margarine in microwave; add 2 tablespoons HERSHEY’S Cocoa and 2 tablespoons water, stirring constantly, until thickened. Gradually add 1/2 cup powdered sugar, beating with whisk until smooth. Stir in 1/4 teaspoon vanilla. Drizzle over top of cake, allowing some to run down sides.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.