- This topic has 2 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated December 23, 2008 at 6:54 pm by .
- December 5, 2008 at 8:26 pm #267513
Oatmeal Toffee Bars
1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
1 cup packed light brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1-1/3 cups (8 oz. pkg.) heath bits ‘o brickle toffee bits, divided
3 cups quick-cooking or regular rolled oats
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Grease 13x9x2-inch baking pan.
2. Beat butter and brown sugar in large bowl until well blended. Add eggs and vanilla; beat well.
3. Stir together flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Gradually add to butter mixture, beating until blended.
Set aside 1/4 cup toffee bits. Stir remaining toffee bits and oats into batter (batter will be stiff). Spread batter into prepared pan; sprinkle reserved 1/4 cup toffee bits over surface.
4. Bake 25 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
Cut into bars. About 36 bars.
- December 23, 2008 at 12:06 am #406799
Now this sounds delish!!! I am gonna ake these too!!
- December 23, 2008 at 9:24 am #406818
Have to save this one to try at a later time. yum
- December 23, 2008 at 6:54 pm #406886
this sounds like what I need right now!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.