- This topic has 1 reply, 1 voice, and was last updated December 5, 2008 at 7:57 pm by .
- December 5, 2008 at 7:57 pm #267492
Make-Ahead Cinnamon French Toast
1 loaf day-old French bread
1 cup hershey’s milk chocolate chips or hershey’s cinnamon chips
5 eggs, beaten
1-1/4 cups milk
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
Maple syrup (optional)
1. Spray 13x9x2-inch baking pan with non-stick cooking spray.
2. Cut French bread into 6 (1-1/2-in. thick) slices.
Using small, sharp knife, cut 2-inch long slits in one side of each bread slice, cutting 3/4 of the way through bread to create a pocket.
3. Spoon 2 heaping tablespoons of chips into pocket of each bread slice; press to close. Place filled slices into prepared baking pan.
Whisk together eggs, milk, cinnamon and vanilla in medium bowl. Pour egg mixture evenly over bread; carefully turn pieces over, spooning mixture in pan over top of bread. Cover pan with plastic wrap; refrigerate 2 hours or overnight.
4. Heat oven to 400°F. Bake, uncovered, 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.
Transfer toast to plates. Serve with maple syrup, if desired. 6 servings.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.