- This topic has 1 reply, 1 voice, and was last updated December 5, 2008 at 8:17 pm by .
- December 5, 2008 at 8:17 pm #267506
Fudgy Mint Cheesecake Bars
1 package (4 oz.) HERSHEY’S Unsweetened Chocolate Premium Baking Bar, broken into pieces
1/2 cup (1 stick)plus 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, divided
2 cups sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1 can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated milk)
1 teaspoon peppermint extract
Green food color (optional)
chocolate glaze (recipe follows)
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Grease 13x9x2-inch baking pan.
2. Melt chocolate with 1/2 cup butter. Combine chocolate mixture with sugar, 3 eggs, vanilla and flour in large bowl, beating until well blended.
Spread mixture into prepared pan. Bake 12 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, beat cream cheese, remaining 2 tablespoons butter and cornstarch in medium bowl until fluffy. Gradually beat in sweetened condensed milk, then remaining 1 egg, peppermint extract and food color, if desired.
Pour mixture over hot brownie layer. Bake 30 minutes or until set.
4. Spread chocolate glaze over top. cool.
refrigerate until set. cut into bars. store covered in refrigerator.
24 to 36 bars.
chocolate glaze: combine 1 cup hershey’s special dark chocolate chips or hershey’s semi-sweet chocolate chips and 1/2 cup whipping cream in small saucepan. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until thickened and smooth. About 2/3 cup glaze.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.