- This topic has 1 reply, 1 voice, and was last updated December 5, 2008 at 8:13 pm by .
- December 5, 2008 at 8:13 pm #267503
Creamy Filled Brownies
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine
1/3 cup HERSHEY’S Cocoa
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup finely chopped nuts
CREAMY FILLING (recipe follows)
MINI CHIP GLAZE (recipe follows)
1/2 cup sliced almonds or chopped nuts (optional)
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Line 15-1/2×10-1/2×1-inch jelly-roll pan with foil; grease foil.
2. Melt butter in small saucepan; remove from heat. Stir in cocoa until smooth. Beat eggs in medium bowl; gradually add sugar, beating until fluffy. Stir together flour, baking powder and salt; add to egg mixture. Add cocoa mixture and vanilla; beat well. Stir in nuts. Spread batter in prepared pan.
3. Bake 12 to 14 minutes or until top springs back when touched lightly in center. Cool completely in pan on wire rack; remove from pan to cutting board. Remove foil; cut brownie in half crosswise. Spread one half with CREAMY FILLING; top with second half. Spread MINI CHIP GLAZE over top; sprinkle with almonds, if desired. After glaze has set, cut into bars. About 24 brownies.
CREAMY FILLING: Beat 1 package (3 oz.) softened cream cheese, 2 tablespoons softened butter or margarine and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract in small bowl. Gradually add 1-1/2 cups powdered sugar, beating until of spreading consistency.
COFFEE: Add 1 teaspoon powdered instant coffee.
ORANGE: Add 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated orange peel and 1 or 2 drops orange food color.
ALMOND: Add 1/4 teaspoon almond extract.
MINI CHIP GLAZE: Heat 1/4 cup sugar and 2 tablespoons water to boiling in small saucepan. Remove from heat. Immediately add 1/2 cup HERSHEY’S Mini Chips Semi-Sweet Chocolate, stirring until melted.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.