- October 13, 2008 at 8:02 pm #264559
Chocolate Drizzled Butterscotch Apple Slices
1 large apple
1 cup HERSHEY’S Butterscotch Chips
3 teaspoons shortening(do not use butter, margarine, spread or oil), divided
1/4 cup hershey’s special dark chocolate chips or hershey’s semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Line tray with wax paper. Wash apple; dry thoroughly.
Remove core; cut into 8 slices. Blot dry with paper towels.
2. Place butterscotch chips and 2 teaspoons shortening in medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at MEDIUM (50%) 30 seconds or until chips are melted when stirred.
3. With fork, dip each slice completely into mixture. Tap fork and gently shake to remove excess; place slices on prepared tray.
4. Place chocolate chips and remaining 1 teaspoon shortening in small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at MEDIUM 15 seconds or just until chips are melted when stirred.
With tines of clean fork, drizzle over top of apples. 8 coated apple slices.
* Note: If coating mixture begins to thicken and tighten, stir in additional shortening, 1/2 teaspoonful at a time. Microwave at MEDIUM 15 seconds until smooth and fluid when stirred.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.