- December 5, 2008 at 7:42 pm #267484
Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup mashed ripe banana (2 to 3 medium)
1/2 cup shortening
1 cup HERSHEY’S Mini Chips Semi-Sweet Chocolate
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Grease bottom only of 9×5-inch loaf pan.
2. Combine all ingredients except small chocolate chips and walnuts in large bowl; blend well on medium speed of mixer. Stir in small chocolate chips and walnuts.
Pour batter into prepared pan.
3. Bake 60 to 65 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes; remove from pan.
Cool completely on wire rack. 1 loaf (18 servings)
variation: hershey’s milk chocolate chips. hershey’s special dark chocolate chips or hershey’s semi-sweet chocolate chips may be substituted for small chocolate chips.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.