- This topic has 1 reply, 1 voice, and was last updated December 5, 2008 at 8:06 pm by .
- December 5, 2008 at 8:06 pm #267500
Chocolate Cherry Bars
1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine
3/4 cup hershey’s cocoa or hershey’s special dark cocoa
2 cups sugar
1-1/2 cups plus 1/3 cup all-purpose flour, divided
1/3 cup chopped almonds
1 can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated milk)
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
1 cup hershey’s mini kisses brand milk chocolates
1 cup chopped maraschino cherries, drained
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Generously grease 13x9x2-inch baking pan.
2. Melt butter in large saucepan over low heat; stir in cocoa until smooth. Remove from heat.
Add sugar, 3 eggs, 1-1/2 cups flour and almonds; mix well. Pour into prepared pan. Bake 20 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, whisk together remaining 1 egg, remaining 1/3 cup flour, sweetened condensed milk and almond extract. Pour over baked layer; sprinkle chocolates and cherries over top.
Return to oven.
4. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until set and edges are golden brown. Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
Refrigerate until cold, 6 hours or overnight. Cut into bars. Cover; refrigerate leftover bars.
About 48 bars.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.