- March 11, 2012 at 9:10 pm #304231
Herb Chicken Soup with Spring Vegetables
3 springs fresh parsley, plus 1 tbsp chopped-reserved for garnish
3 sprigs fresh tarragon, plus 1 tbsp chopped-reserved for garnish
3 sprigs fresh thyme
1 bay leaf
s and p-to taste
1 clove garlic-minced
1 large onion-chopped
2 medium carrots-sliced
2 stalks celery-sliced
1 tsp fresh lemon zest
4 bone-in chicken breasts-skin removed
4 cups chicken broth
1 bunch medium asparagus-trimmed and cut into 1-in pieces
1/3 cup fresh or frozen peas
1 1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
1. Combine the parsley, tarragon, thyme sprigs, and bay leaf together in cheese cloth. Tie securely with kitchen twine.
Put in a large pot with the onion, carrot, celery, garlic, lemon zest, chicken, and broth.
2. Cover; bring just to a boil, then lower heat to simmer, skimming the surface of foam-as needed.
3. Cook about 30 minutes.
Remove from heat. Remove chicken and transfer to a platter until cool. Skim fat from top of stock.
Debone chicken and return to pot. Add remaining ingredients. Cook for another 15 – 20 minutes.
Remove herb bundle and discard.
5. Season to taste.
6. Garnish with the reserved chopped parsley and tarragon before serving.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.