- This topic has 1 reply, 1 voice, and was last updated May 31, 2007 at 12:50 pm by .
- May 31, 2007 at 12:50 pm #240956
Just got this from a friend. Some of the hints are old and some are new (to
* Budweiser beer conditions the hair
* Pam cooking spray will dry finger nail polish
* Cool whip will condition your hair in 15 min
* Mayonnaise will KILL LICE , it will also condition your hair
* Shiny Hair-use brewed Lipton Tea
* Sunburn -empty a large jar of Nestea into your bath water
* Minor burn-Colgate or Crest toothpaste
* Burn your tongue? put sugar on it!
* Arthritis? WD-40 Spray and rub in, kill insect stings too
* Bee stings – meat tenderizer
* Chigger bite – Preparation H
* Puffy eyes – Preparation H
* Paper cut – crazy glue or chap stick (glue is used instead of sutures
at most hospitals)
* Stinky feet – Jello!!
* Athletes feet – cornstarch
* Fungus on toenails or fingernails – Vicks vapor rub
* Kool aid to clean dishwasher pipes. Just put in the detergent section
and run a cycle, it will also clean a toilet. Will also clean stove
* Kool Aid can be used as a dye in paint also
* Kool aid in Dannon plain yogurt as a finger paint, your kids will love
it and it won’t hurt them if they eat it!
* Peanut butter – will get scratches out of CD’s! Wipe off with a coffee
* Sticking bicycle chain – Pam no-stick cooking spray
* Pam will also remove paint, and grease from your hands!
* Peanut butter will remove ink from the face of dolls
* When the doll clothes are hard to put on, sprinkle with corn starch and
watch them slide on
* Heavy dandruff – pour on the vinegar!
* Body paint – Crisco mixed with food coloring. Heat the Crisco in the
microwave, pour into a empty film container and mix with the food color of
* Tie Dye T-Shirt – mix a solution of Kool Aid in a container, tie a rubber
band around a section of the t-shirt and soak
* Preserving a newspaper clipping – large bottle of club soda and 1/2 cup
of milk of magnesia, soak for 20 min. and let dry, will last for years!
* A Slinky will hold toast and CD’s!
* To keep goggles and glasses from fogging, coat with Colgate toothpaste
* Stay-Free Maxi Pads- clean window, floors, just stick to the palm of your
hands and work! Can also be used as a knee pad.
* Pampers as an absorbent! Remove stains from the carpet with club soda,
and a pamper to absorb.
* Wine stains, pour on the Morton salt and watch it absorb into the salt.
* To remove wax – Take a paper towel and iron it over the wax stain, it
will absorb into the towel.
* Remove labels off glassware etc. rub with peanut butter!
* Baked on food -fill container with water, get a Bounce paper softener
and the static from the Bounce towel will cause the baked on food to
adhere to it. Soak overnight. Also; you can use 2 Efferdent tablets, soak
* Crayon on the wall – Colgate toothpaste and brush it!
* Dirty grout – Listerine
* Stains on clothes – Colgate
* Grass stains – Karo Syrup
* Grease Stains- Coca Cola, it will also remove grease stains from the
driveway overnight. We know it will take corrosion from batteries!
* Sweat Stains – Efferdent, or vinegar
* Fleas in your carpet? 20 Mule Team Borax- sprinkle and let stand for 24
* To keep FRESH FLOWERS longer Add a little Clorox, or 2 Bayer aspirin,
or just use 7-up instead of water.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.