- This topic has 5 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated October 24, 2008 at 12:07 pm by .
- October 21, 2008 at 12:42 pm #264962rtebalt
This year my parents are coming for Christmas. I’m so excited because my hubbie & I have never hosted them for Christmas! I’m having a little difficulty finding things to put in my Dad’s stocking. Candy is not a problem. I know exactly what he likes, but I don’t want his stocking to just be candy. But I am at a loss for what else to get. Anyone have any ideas?????
So far I only have 2 things:
1.) I got him a gift set with the razor & shaving cream that he likes
2.) 3 teeny tiny bottles of Tabasco – he loves hot sauce & I thought that would be cute
Here’s a little about my Dad:
1.) He’s a Paramedic & Paramedic Instructor
2.) He is very involved in our church (as a teacher, etc.)
3.) He & my mom have 4 cats
2.) He’s not big on chocolate, but he loves sweetsPlease help! Anyone with any “manly” ideas???? I want his stocking to be just as special as my Mom’s. (If you have any ideas for my Mom’s stocking, I would love some more ideas as well, but she’s a little easier to buy for.)
Thanks so much in advance for the help!!! 🙂
- October 22, 2008 at 9:52 am #401157Pyxidragon
A few ideas:-Coffee/Tea/Cocoa/Cider/etc in a travel mug ($2-5 at Walgreens)
-A nice pen & refills ($1-2 at Office Depot right around Christmas in their clearance section)
– BBQ sauce or tools (something about guys & a barbeque….)
Not terribly specific, but maybe it’ll help.
- October 22, 2008 at 12:07 pm #401174brchbell
How about one of those battery-less flashlights- either they wind up or they get shook up to work with no batteries. I got a wind up one at Walmart this summer and I just got 3 of the shake up ones from 123inkjets for $2 each. Kitty treats for his cats. A little home made booklet of teaching tips for Christian teachers. Just a few ideas that popped into my head! good luck filling his stocking!
- October 22, 2008 at 4:57 pm #401217rtebaltThanks so much for the great ideas! Keep them coming!!! 🙂
- October 23, 2008 at 2:34 pm #401334mammasummertime
What about a gift certificate to his favorite store. Doesn’t have to be a large sum. Wrap it in a small box and place it in the stocking. Another thing I do is put sample bottles of cologne,etc or even a nail care kit in for the guys. How about some cat nip for the cats… Hope that helps.
- October 24, 2008 at 11:35 am #401441mdowdy
My dad travels about 45 minutes to work a day and always eats out on his day to work so we get him gas cards and cards to restaurants. Just an idea
- October 24, 2008 at 12:07 pm #401449rtebaltThese are all great ideas! Thanks so much! And keep posting! 🙂
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.