HELP! (With Dad’s Stocking)

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      rtebalt

This year my parents are coming for Christmas. I’m so excited because my hubbie & I have never hosted them for Christmas! I’m having a little difficulty finding things to put in my Dad’s stocking. Candy is not a problem. I know exactly what he likes, but I don’t want his stocking to just be candy. But I am at a loss for what else to get. Anyone have any ideas?????
      So far I only have 2 things:
      1.) I got him a gift set with the razor & shaving cream that he likes
      2.) 3 teeny tiny bottles of Tabasco – he loves hot sauce & I thought that would be cute

Here’s a little about my Dad:
      1.) He’s a Paramedic & Paramedic Instructor
      2.) He is very involved in our church (as a teacher, etc.)
      3.) He & my mom have 4 cats
      2.) He’s not big on chocolate, but he loves sweets

Please help! Anyone with any “manly” ideas???? I want his stocking to be just as special as my Mom’s. (If you have any ideas for my Mom’s stocking, I would love some more ideas as well, but she’s a little easier to buy for.)

Thanks so much in advance for the help!!! 🙂

Pyxidragon

A few ideas:

-Coffee/Tea/Cocoa/Cider/etc in a travel mug ($2-5 at Walgreens)
      -A nice pen & refills ($1-2 at Office Depot right around Christmas in their clearance section)
      – BBQ sauce or tools (something about guys & a barbeque….)

Not terribly specific, but maybe it’ll help.

brchbell

How about one of those battery-less flashlights- either they wind up or they get shook up to work with no batteries. I got a wind up one at Walmart this summer and I just got 3 of the shake up ones from 123inkjets for $2 each. Kitty treats for his cats. A little home made booklet of teaching tips for Christian teachers. Just a few ideas that popped into my head! good luck filling his stocking!

rtebalt

Thanks so much for the great ideas! Keep them coming!!! 🙂

mammasummertime

What about a gift certificate to his favorite store. Doesn’t have to be a large sum. Wrap it in a small box and place it in the stocking. Another thing I do is put sample bottles of cologne,etc or even a nail care kit in for the guys. How about some cat nip for the cats… Hope that helps.

mdowdy

My dad travels about 45 minutes to work a day and always eats out on his day to work so we get him gas cards and cards to restaurants. Just an idea

rtebalt

These are all great ideas! Thanks so much! And keep posting! 🙂

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.