Budget101 Discussion List Archives Budget101 Discussion List Help on trying to find out if my son has something wrong

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

I’m a mom to a 17 year old learning disabled dd. She has an IEP and we have

homeschooled since she was in first grade. She has discalculea,a processing

issue and ADD which affects how she learns and how quickly. The IEP has been a

blessing now that we are ready for college. Most colleges have a special ed

dept and services for kids who learn differently, so for us we want that

verification for services. At the college level, it enables her to have extra

time for tests, use of calculator, a note-taker if needed, ability to record

lectures, etc., things that will put her on an even playing field with ‘normal’

students. She sees a neurologist every year to review her meds and check

progress, one of the best things I’ve ever done.

I am curious as to what you are referring to when you say it will be on his

“record for life.” Bri’s IEP and diagnosis are only on her school/neurological

records, not her general medical records because we don’t deal with the doctor

for those issues. These records don’t follow you into adulthood, at least as far

as the school records go. I was just curious as to your reasoning.

Tammy

When there is no wind, row.

Original Message —-

Subject: Re: Budget101.com :List of things he does for Help on trying to find

out if my son has something wrong

If your child is diagnosed and does have something wrong and you need an IEP

through the school would you not allow that? Just wondering.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Budget101 Discussion List Archives Budget101 Discussion List Help on trying to find out if my son has something wrong