Budget101 Discussion List Archives Budget101 Discussion List Help on trying to find out if my son has something wrong

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

actually it could be anxiety. You have a very full load and I am sure are

stressed- he picks up on this and could cause some of his behavior. Also, all

the children around him could be over stimulating him( sensory processing). Most

likely he is just a sensitive child. He is reacting to everything around him and

not always in a way you would like him to. I would work the behavior

modification angle. Decide what behaviors are acceptable or not and go from

there. Being loud could be hearing issue- also could be his method of making

sure he is heard. The only thing that concerns me is his sweating. If it is

really bad it could be a medical problem. All the other stuff you describe is

normal for children- not children his age, but IMO a lot of it is learned

behavior and habit now. Pick one to start with like the being loud and every

time he gets loud remind him to say use an indoor voice- if that does not work

talk to him about his voice- how it can hurt

others ears, interrupt others conversations, scare others etc… explain that

if he will not use his voice as he should while indoors or other places that he

will not be allowed in those places- At home set up an area that is all his, a

place that he can go to unwind away from the commotion. When he gets wound up

ask him to go there or tell him if needed. He will learn to know when he is

needing his area and start going on his own- tell the others that when he is in

his area no one is allowed to bother him. I do not want to write you a book

here, so if you would like more info/tips just ask.

Claytoriv

— On Fri, 7/18/08, Suzi McMullen wrote:

Subject: Re: Budget101.com :List of things he does for Help on trying to find

out if my son has something wrong

<<

list>>

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Budget101 Discussion List Archives Budget101 Discussion List Help on trying to find out if my son has something wrong