Budget101 Discussion List Archives Budget101 Discussion List Help on trying to find out if my son has something wrong

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

If your child is diagnosed and does have something wrong and you need an IEP through the school would you not allow that? Just wondering. I know that my son is 17 in two weeks and I have an IEP. He has ADHD/ODD. It is the best thing I ever did was get him the help that he needs. Dee

mem68 wrote: For me —I did not want the school involved if possible because it is on their records for LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!Even if the MD does or not diagnose him-it is on his school records for LIFE. If he overcomes it in a few years (which my grandson, age 21,and granddaughter,age9, have done)It is still on their records for LIFE. My son is 10 yo and is having a hard time growing up-he still wants to use his imagination for games and playing. He will get there and if he needs help I will see that he gets it but not thru the schools.

Quote:
      Original Message
      From: Char To: Budget101_@yahoogroups.com Sent: Friday, July 18, 2008 6:07 PM Subject: Re: Budget101.com :List of things he does for Help on trying to find out if my son has something wrong
      Sounds like it could be ADHD – there are several types. But like others said- it could be aspergers – many asperger kids (the more severe type) talk differently – kinda like a monotone or digital type voice.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Budget101 Discussion List Archives Budget101 Discussion List Help on trying to find out if my son has something wrong