Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

1) always, always, always make a grocery list and take it with you to the store.

– sit down and look through your cabinets, pantry, etc. to see what you have

on hand. plan your menus around those items.

– write down your meals based on those items. the full meal – main dish,

side dish, dessert, etc.

– make up grocery list by writing down what you need to fill out the “on hand”

pantry items to complete the meals.

– make foods from scratch. for example: pizza. easy to make from scratch and

you can easily customize them. fun for the kids to help with as well.

2) Buy and use a slow cooker. I am a working mother too. I prepare the meal

ahead (do the meat prep, slice the veggies, etc.) at night (when I plan

everything for the next day, pack my tote, make lunches, etc.) and fill the

cooker portion with everything. Put it in your fridge. In the morning, before

you leave the house, put the cooker portion onto the cooking element (the heated

portion) and plug it in. When you get home, dinner is done.

3) Make your own lunches everyday! Plan this into your grocery shopping as

well.

4) Use coupons. Take the time to look through them and choose the items that go

with your grocery list.

5) Look at your local Walgreens and cvs, target and wal mart for grocery items

as well. make lists.

get a spiral notebook and make a few lists. i need to pick up _______ items at

the grocery store. i need to pick up _______ at walgreens. i need to pick up

______ at target. some stores have different things on sale each time you are

heading out. take a cooler with you for cold/frozen items so you don’t have to

keep coming back home.

plan your trips so you go to the place farthest away first, get the items there

and move back towards home. no doubling back. saves gas and time.

if you can go without the kids – do it – if they are at the age where they

“help” you with impulse buying – leave them home or explain the reasons/rules to

them.

eat before you leave and pack a snack for yourself to take with you. yes. pack

a sack lunch. no hitting the drive thru.

herlean

— on wed, 7/23/08, shadistin3 wrote:

Date: Wednesday, July 23, 2008, 8:15 PM

I am a working mother of 3. My husband and I make decent money but we

are always broke!!!!!!!!!

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.