Help for a friend

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
    • #250811

      Help her go to the local state dept of human services to get help

      with food stamps and medical insurance. Look up food pantries in

      your area and contact your church for local agencies that help single

      moms. I went broke when my ex walked and the shame of needing almost

      kept me from getting the help I needed. Just provided as much

      emotional support as possible.

      Mary Ellen

      — In, Jennifer Huff wrote:


      > I have a relatively new friend (our daughters just started playing

      > with each other in Kindergarden this year) who just called to tell


      > she spent the day yesterday in court. Her husband dragged her out


      > the house by her neck and was attacking her. Fortunately the kids

      > were sleeping. The neighbors called the cops. She did manage to get


      > year long restraining order against him. But now this mom of 4


      > are 5, 4, 2.5 and 1.5) must live on her own. The court could only

      > prove that the husband makes $500 per week-he works for his uncle


      > makes at least double that but under the table-so she will only


      > $350 per week to support 5 people! Has anyone else run into this.


      > think (but haven’t said anything to her yet) that she should tell


      > that he needs to cough up more money or she will call the IRS. Or

      > will this land her into trouble too as she is still married to the

      > jerk? We live in the NorthEast and I’m sure the rent at her place


      > easily $1500 per month. She doesn’t have a degree so she would


      > make enough money per hour as she would have 3 kids in daycare! I

      > want to help, but don’t know what to do. Any suggestions are


      > I know abuse happens, I’ve just never known anyone it has happened

      > to. Thanks.

      > Jennifer


Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.