Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

When things get tight we pawn something to get a little extra cash. I try not to let my pawn bill be more than what I can get out in a couple months. If you will be later most pawn shops will work with you and let you pay the interest and renew the pawn ticket. Short of that, have a yard sale or sell things you don’t really need or use much. My husband sold power tools once he did not need and that really helped. You could try getting odd jobs like mowing and raking yards, picking up cans to recycle, even babysit or dog sit. Being creative is the thing. Talk to your creditors, most the time they will work with you. Try to conserve energy as much as possible to reduce future bills. Example, turn off lights you are not using, use less hot water or turn the hot water heater down, cut out cable, make things from scratch and consolate trips to town. I found driving
      only 5-10 mph slower saves a boat load of gas. Do you live in town or in the country? If in the city, use public transportation, walk or ride a bike instead of driving. The best time to shop is late at night, less traffic, cooler, less people shopping and usually you get in and out faster as a result.

— On Fri, 6/20/08, Michele wrote:

Subject: Budget101.com : HELP!!
      To: Budget101_@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Friday, June 20, 2008, 9:09 PM

I am so worried. We are in a financial pickle, and will not see a
      paycheck for 2 months. I don’t know how we will pay any bills, and am
      stressed about that!! We have been living off of savings for the past
      6 months, and it has run out. OUr family business is going south, and
      cannot help us either. I did get us on WIC (I have a 4 year old), and
      today I looked online to see if we would qualify for Food Stamps. I
      think we might. I am considering the local food bank, but food does
      not pay the bills. HELP
      Shelly

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.