- August 4, 2008 at 2:22 am #261071
Hi…not sure if it works in an ice-cream maker but my kids make coffee can ice cream all the time…they love it! We also add little things like choc chips or other flavorings and make flavored ice-cream. I’ve also made it with 2% milk so it has less fat.
Here is the recipe we use, from Nancy drew Notebooks mysteries
Nancy, Bess, and George’s Coffee-Can Ice Cream
• 1/2 cup milk
• 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
• 1 tablespoon sugar
• 4 cups crushed ice
• 4 tablespoons salt
• Standard size coffee can with plastic lid
• Economy size (jumbo) coffee can with plastic lid
• A hand towel or gloves to keep fingers from freezing. Brrr!
1. Mix the milk, vanilla, and sugar together in the smaller coffee can.
2. Seal the can with its plastic lid, and then put the sealed can inside the larger can.
3. Fill the larger can with ice and salt, and seal with the plastic lid. Now you have one can
4. Using your hands, roll the can back and forth on the ground until the ice cream is firm.
Five to ten minutes is enough time for the mixture to freeze..
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.