HELLO…BEEN ON HERE FOR ABOUT A MONTH, WOULD LIKE TO INTRODUCE MYS

Budget101 Discussion List Archives Budget101 Discussion List HELLO…BEEN ON HERE FOR ABOUT A MONTH, WOULD LIKE TO INTRODUCE MYS

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

My husband and I have started classes with Dave Ramsey. Look him up on the interment and he also has books that you can check at the library. I’m not good with the internet so I found the phone number on his website and call them.

The classes are 13 week classes, once a week for 2 hrs. It is for couples as well as single person. You can ask how much the classes costs and if it’s too much for you ask if they can give you a better price.

He first tells you that you need Shelter (mortgage or rent), Transportation (vehicle, insurance
      and gas) and food. You slowly put away money to save $1,000 for emergency, and you are thinking I can’t make ends meet how can I save that kind of money. It is possible and easy, during which time you are paying your other bills.

I’m not good at explaining how it works, all I know is that it is working for us. For the first time in a long time we are not afraid to talk about our expenses/debt. The fun part is talking about fun things we can do once we pay off all of our debts, which will be in about 1 1/2 yrs.

We will have a mortgage left and that will be paid off in 4-6 yrs. He tells us that 20% is knowledge and 80% is discipline. And that is true.

His seminars are good, full of information and he is funny.

If you are struggling please try it. I figured I have blown so much money in the past what is one more time and it is worth it.

Melissa

I haven’t seen anyone post a response to your question about budgeting and handling money and so I thought I’d tell you how I handled money when I was out on my own.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Budget101 Discussion List Archives Budget101 Discussion List HELLO…BEEN ON HERE FOR ABOUT A MONTH, WOULD LIKE TO INTRODUCE MYS