Hello all need help budgeting

Budget101 Discussion List Archives Budget101 Discussion List Hello all need help budgeting

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

Paying extra on a mortgage adds up faster than you may think. Making just 1 extra payment a year on a 30 year mortgage will pay it off in 15 years. If you can setthe payments up &pay it every 2 weeks instead of once a month helps too…

Yolonda wrote:

Car repairs – check with local high school or trade schools that teach
      car repair. We have a few here in Memphis that allow you to bring your car in for the kids to work on. They get experience and you get free repairs.

And here the work is good as they must have the instructor go over everything and make sure it’s good so they can grade them.

Mortgage – we round up our payment to the next hundred every month and use bonus money from work towards it as well. You would think that wouldn’t allow for much towards the bottom line but it does!!

According to my amortization statement I should only be at the 46th payment but the actual balance i owe is lined up the payment number 82 (36 payments
      ahead!!). You don’t say what kind of mortgage you have but if it’s an arm i would highly suggest you refi to a fixed rate. that in itself will save you money.

good luck!

yolonda

(the last thing to go on the credit card was brakes and other vehicle repairs.)

herlean

vickie <Vcoumb@aol.com> wrote:

Help me sort what i need to pay off and how to get this mortgage down.

Author
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Budget101 Discussion List Archives Budget101 Discussion List Hello all need help budgeting