Hello

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

Hi, All — My name is Bonnie. I’m 62 and I live near Lexington, VA – in a log cabin in the mountains. Deer, turkey and bear wander the property providing lots of photographic chances!

I am “owned” by 3 lovely little Shih Tzu! They are so funny sometimes! They love to try to chase the deer, but the deer just ignore them – in fact, the deer come up to the chain link area where the dogs are allowed to run and exchange “sniffs” with them.

It is so fun to watch the fawns run the side of the fence with the dogs. The dogs – Gizmo, Bellha, and Delila – always get lots of exercise and sleep well. They love to come in an flop on the floor or on the chairs after the runs!

I’m a retired Administrative Assistant/Pathology Assistant/Legal Aide. I’ve worked for the Government and Private Industry mainly in the medical fields and legal fields.

I used to entertain and cook quite a bit. However, a year and a half ago I contacted/came down with something which has taken away the use of my legs and some use of my arms. Although I’ve gone through all sorts of extensive testing, the doctors can’t seem to find out what is wrong. I do not have cancer nor have I had a stroke – my body just doesn’t seem to function right any longer.

Currently I am in a wheelchair, hower I am now able to stand a walk a bit which I could not do this time last year. My friend says I “wobble/walk like a duck” (lol) but I am walking a bit again and I can use my arms again! So I’m very thankful!

Needless to say, I haven’t been able to cook like I used to. I do however prepare crockpot meals and other small meals which don’t need a lot of preparing.

I used to can and make jellies/jams. I’m unable to do so right now, but hopefully soon.

I’m so glad I found this site! I looking forward to learning all that I can and hopefully contribute some.

Hope you all have a lovely and blessed day/night.

bonnie

Welcome to Budget101.com. I hope you enjoy the site as much as I have. If you want some quick tips check out the ‘Begin Here’ tab located on the green navigation bar.

It tells all the difference sections of the site & makes it easier to find things quickly. :5:

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.