Budget Menu & Dirt Cheap Recipes General Recipes Hearty Rosemary and Garlic Beef Stew

Tagged: ,

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

I’m continuing in my way to gift friends and family with gifts of love, with meals that I know that they love…
      Hearty Rosemary and Garlic Beef Stew
      Give the following non-perisable ingredients:
      oil, salt, pepper, flour, Dihon mustard, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, brown sugar, rosemary, and thyme. If budget allows, attach a gift certificate for fresh ingredients along with the following recipe…
      1/2 lb. carrots, sliced
      1/2 bunch of celery, sliced
      1 onion, diced
      2 lb red potatoes, washed and cubed
      2 tbs oil
      4 cloves garlic, minced
      1 1/2 lb beef stew meat
      salt and pepper
      1/4 cup flour
      2 cup beef broth
      2 tbs Dijon mustard
      1 tbs Worcestershire sauce
      1 tbs soy sauce
      1/2 tbs brown sugar
      1/2 tbs dried rosemary
      1/2 tsp thyme
      Put the prepared onion, carrots, celery, and potatoes into a large crockpot. In a large bowl, season the stew meat with salt and pepper. Add the flour and toss to coat and set aside. In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat and saute the garlic for about 1 minute. Add the meat and all the extra flour from the bowl to the skillet and let it cook for a few minutes to brown. Stir and repeat until all sides of the meat are browned. Add the meat to the crockpot and stir to combine with the vegetables. Add the beef broth, Dijon, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, brown sugar, rosemary, and thyme to the skillet and cook, stirring to combine ingredients, over a low heat. Once everything is dissolved, pour the sauce into the crockpot. Cover and cook on high for 4 hours. Remove the lid and stir to break the pieces of meat into smaller chunks. Add more salt to taste and serve.
      1heartjar smilie

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Budget Menu & Dirt Cheap Recipes General Recipes Hearty Rosemary and Garlic Beef Stew