- This topic has 3 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated September 15, 2008 at 6:40 pm by .
- September 13, 2008 at 6:27 pm #262776mos
Hearty Beef Dip
1 8-oz package cream cheese, cubed
1/4 cup chopped pecans
2 tbs chopped green onion
1/4 cup milk
1/2 of a jar of sliced dried beef, diced
1 clove garlic, minced
Combine the above ingredients in order, as they are listed above in greased fondue pot. Cover and heat ujntil cheese is melted, 30 to 60 minutes. Dip raw vegetable, bread pieces, or spread on crackers.
No fondue pot?
Make in a saucepan and serve in a pretty bowl surrounded by dipping or items to spread.
- September 15, 2008 at 7:34 am #398424shellybean40I have 2 questions on this recipe.
1. I have dried beef in a pouch. Would I just use half of the pouch??
2. I have had this recipe, but it was formed into a ball, and served with crackers cold, not warmed. Have you ever done this??Thanks
- September 15, 2008 at 12:46 pm #398428wilbe95
I have made it cold rolled into a ball wiht a similar recipe.
The recipe that my family prefers is:
1 teaspoon mustard
1 8oz box cream cheese
dried beef (jar or bag)
I( cut up the dried beef into little pieces, mix with mustard and cream cheese, shape into a ball and serve with crackers. I have also seen this-roll cheese ball in parsely to cover the outside.
Hope this helps.
- September 15, 2008 at 6:39 pm #398435mosI believe the jar is about 4-6 oz, so the amount that you would want is 2-3 oz. I don’t know what size the pouches are. I’ve made the cold and the hot is so good and a nice change of pace for a meal.
I’ve actually made it and poured it over pasta!
- September 15, 2008 at 6:40 pm #398436mos
ooh…that sounds yummy, too!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.