Heart Healthy low sodium taste good stuff!!

Board Rules & Regs Welcome Newbie! Heart Healthy low sodium taste good stuff!!

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

I have been using this site for several years, but after an extended hospital stay I had to register again since I couldn’t remember id or password…. i have used the recipes here for soaps, seasoning mixes, etc. now i’m searching for recipes to help make my low sodium/low potassium diet more palatable.

according to doctors i should have died in 2005, but with a great cardiologist I have been living a fairly active quality of life. In June 2014 I was care flighted to a transplant hospital for a new heart. Thanks to prayers, doctors n sheer determination I was discharged in October 2014 n am getting stronger daily.

The only thing lacking in my life is the flavor in my food. I’ve substituted salt with Sriracha sauce but would really like MORE. All the salt free items in the store are loaded with potassium which in my circumstance needs to be controlled as much as the salt intake.

I’m looking to liven up my dishes.

Welcome back to the site! We actually have a new section for Dietary Concerns here in the forums, https://www.budget101.com/dietary-concern-recipes/ you might be able to find some yummy recipes there as well.

The seasoning mixes are a big help too.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Board Rules & Regs Welcome Newbie! Heart Healthy low sodium taste good stuff!!