- This topic has 1 reply, 1 voice, and was last updated September 2, 2009 at 2:30 am by .
- September 2, 2009 at 2:30 am #275823
Top off your meal with a slice of this simply delicious “enlightened” chocolate cake.
1 cup flour
1/3 cup cocoa
1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1-1/4 cup brown sugar
2 egg whites
3 tablespoons applesauce (classic)
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 cup lowfat sour cream
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350°F
2. In a large bowl, combine flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
3. In another bowl, blend together brown sugar, egg, egg whites, and applesauce with an electric mixer on medium speed.
4. Add vanilla and sour cream.
Beat on low speed until well blended.
5. Gradually add flour mixture to sour cream mixture, beating on medium speed.
6. Fold in chocolate chips.
Grease an 8-by-8-inch pan and spread batter evenly in pan.
8. Bake 40 to 45 minutes, until toothpick inserted in cake comes out clean.
9. Cool 15 minutes on wire rack, then cut into 12 squares.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.