- September 8, 2009 at 11:26 pm #276017
65% less fat • 60% less sat fat • 47% fewer calories than the original recipe. Pop one of these healthified appetizers in your mouth for a tasty treat.
Prep Time: 20 min
Total Time: 35 min
Makes: 8 servings (3 mushrooms each)
24 large fresh whole mushrooms (1 1/2 to 2 inches in diameter)
2 tablespoons reduced-fat balsamic vinaigrette
2 slices bacon
1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
1/2 cup chopped red onion
1/3 cup finely shredded reduced-fat Italian cheese blend
1/3 cup reduced-fat garlic-and-herbs spreadable cheese (from 6.5-oz container)
1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
2 tablespoons Progresso® plain bread crumbs
2 teaspoons chopped fresh Italian (flat-leaf) parsley
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Remove stems from mushrooms; reserve caps.
Chop enough stems to measure 3/4 cup. Discard remaining stems or reserve for another use. In large bowl, toss mushroom caps with vinaigrette; place stem sides down in ungreased 15x10x1-inch pan.
Bake 10 minutes. Let stand until cool enough to handle; drain.
3. Meanwhile, in 10-inch nonstick skillet, cook bacon until crisp; drain on paper towel.
Crumble bacon; set aside. Remove and discard drippings from skillet.
4. In same skillet, heat 1 teaspoon of the olive oil over medium heat.
Add onion and chopped mushroom stems; cook 4 to 6 minutes, stirring occasionally, until onion is tender.
5. In medium bowl, stir onion mixture, bacon, cheeses and mustard until well blended. Spoon mixture into mushroom caps; place filled sides up in pan.
In small bowl, mix bread crumbs and remaining 1/2 teaspoon olive oil; stir in parsley. Sprinkle bread crumb mixture over filled mushroom caps.
6. Bake 10 to 15 minutes or until thoroughly heated and cheese is melted.
Clean mushrooms just before using. Wipe clean with damp cloth or rinse quickly and drain well. Mushrooms should not be soaked in water because they will absorb it.
Don’t want to cook bacon? Look for precooked bacon with the regular bacon at the grocery store. It’s a great way to save time, and you can keep it in the freezer.
1 Serving: Calories 90 (Calories from Fat 40); Total Fat 4 1/2g (Saturated Fat 2g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 10mg; Sodium 190mg; Total Carbohydrate 6g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 3g); Protein 6g Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%; Vitamin C 2%; Calcium 10%; Iron 4% Exchanges: 0 Other Carbohydrate; 1 Vegetable; 1/2 High-Fat Meat
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.