- This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated April 1, 2015 at 4:04 pm by .
- March 26, 2015 at 5:21 pm #354766sdaneault
Hawaiian Meatballs Potluck
Ingredients:1 bag of frozen meatballs or make from scratch
1 cup chicken broth
1/2 cup sugar
3 Tablespoons Corn Starch
1/2 cup pineapple juice reserved from pinapple chunks
1/2 cup Vinegar (I use white)
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 green pepper chopped
1 8oz can pineapple chunks
1) Cook meatballs according to package instructions or make your own and cook
2) In a large saucepan over medium heat combine chicken broth, sugar, cornstarch, pineapple juice, vinegar, and soy sauce. Stir for 3-5 minutes until thickened.
3) Add green pepper chunks, pineapple chunks and meatballs. Simmer for 15 minutes.
4) To reheat: just add to crock pot.
Easy to take on the go and a huge hit with no leftovers ever. Depending on the crowd size I double this recipe usually.
- March 27, 2015 at 10:27 pm #461027mossdaneault, you said to reheat in the crockpot…can you elaborate so that our members can try your recipe? It sounds delicious!!
- April 1, 2015 at 4:04 pm #461062sdaneault
If I do a single batch I usually reheat on high for 1 hour then low for 2-3 hours. If you do a double batch It’s about 1 hour on high and 3-4 hours on low. Stir occasionally.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.