- This topic has 21 replies, 22 voices, and was last updated January 8, 2015 at 10:38 am by .
- December 28, 2014 at 12:38 pm #350748
- December 28, 2014 at 12:43 pm #459948
Yes, we took ours down on Boxing day. Well, most of them anyways! We leave the wreaths and holly hanging for a few more weeks, just to have “greenery”.
- December 28, 2014 at 1:10 pm #459950
Yes, everything is packed neatly back in proper containers waiting to go back to storage.
- December 28, 2014 at 1:10 pm #459951
Have you taken down your decorations yet?
No we have not taken them down just yet, we probably will after New Years.
- December 28, 2014 at 1:22 pm #459952
Not yet, we take ours down on New Years Day.
- December 28, 2014 at 1:24 pm #459953
No, we always wait until after New Year’s Day to take everything down. We start putting stuff up the weekend after Thanksgiving, the tree goes up around the 15th or so, and we want to have the most enjoyment we can of the holidays, so while some things may start being put away a little earlier, mostly everything is up thru New Year’s Day. 🙂
- December 28, 2014 at 1:32 pm #459954
I keep them up til after New Year’s Day.
- December 28, 2014 at 1:41 pm #459955
We never take them down until after the new year. I’d leave the tree up all year, if my hubby would agree! 😉
- December 28, 2014 at 1:42 pm #459956
No we haven’t yet, it will probably be just after New Year’s.
- December 28, 2014 at 1:58 pm #459957
Always take down our decorations the weekend after new years day
- December 28, 2014 at 3:13 pm #459960
I leave my decorations up until after the New Year. I love having them up! We always buy a real tree and I LOVE the smell of fresh (real) pine in my home.
We were late getting the tree up this year, I would love to keep it up until mid January at least if it stays fresh enough. Christmas is the one holiday that I really decorate my home.
- December 28, 2014 at 3:19 pm #459961
We don’t have many decorations up, but probably won’t put things away until after the new year gets here. Still have some Halloween decorations up lol.
- December 28, 2014 at 3:32 pm #459962
Yes! We took ours down yesterday. We normally do it the day after christmas to get our livingroom back.
All lights and decorations outside are put away. 🙂
- December 28, 2014 at 4:20 pm #459964
We Usually take them down after New Years day. The decorations seem to help us bring in the new year by putting the old year away. :xmas3::xmas3:
- December 28, 2014 at 5:33 pm #459967
Not yet! When I was growing up the decorations were put up the weekend after Thanksgiving and taken down January 2nd. That’s a tradition I’ve kept with my own family.
I thought about putting them up later and taking them down earlier, but I really love how festive the house looks. 🙂
- December 28, 2014 at 6:17 pm #459969
No, we do after New Years.
- December 28, 2014 at 7:11 pm #459972
For Catholics, Christmas JUST STARTED. Likewise other faiths, ie Orthodox are just starting. My tree etc will be up for a few more weeks😊😊😊
- December 28, 2014 at 9:28 pm #459976
I took down all the outside stuff, because it’s been unseasonably warm here in New England. The tree is coming down on Thursday!
- December 28, 2014 at 9:45 pm #459978
Our decorations stay up through Epiphany, Jan. 6th, and my middle son’s birthday on Jan. 7th. Even though my 3 sons are in their 40’s +, and not always home for Christmas, it is a good day to get things put away from the holidays.
- December 28, 2014 at 10:54 pm #459981
Decorations down and packed away in the attic today. Looking forward to the New Year!
- December 28, 2014 at 11:46 pm #459984
Not yet but I will before the new year.
- December 29, 2014 at 11:13 am #459989
Mine comes down late at night on Christmas Day.
- January 8, 2015 at 10:38 am #460288
Yes. I finally took mine down a few days ago.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.