- September 3, 2009 at 7:12 pm #275879
Hiya and Yes i have tryed the new bounce dryer bar. I was able to product test it, and it is …ummm…..i’ll give it a 8 out of 10. First with only 3 people in a house hold, this product did not last 4 months …LOL!
Maybe 2 months.I would like to also add it is very nice to have already in the dryer and ready to go! Set it and forget it, is what i like to say! Good product, no static, smells very good.
All in all i liked it! I am now just waiting on the refill to come on sale, seems to be pricey for me without a coupon! LOL
Hope i could help out 😉
- September 4, 2009 at 12:58 am #424749Thank you, I’ll get my coupons ready and get me one.
- September 4, 2009 at 1:47 am #424751
@cheriluvsrj 124965 wrote:
First with only 3 people in a house hold, this product did not last 4 months …LOL! Maybe 2 months.Things never have lasted as claimed, so we shall see.
I got mine and installed it and my first thought was how hard would it be to pull it out since it uses a large foam tape. My second thought was the lack of belief that it would last 4 months in my large dryer even though I am only now one person.
I too like the convenience of having it already there and not have to think about it, which is why I used my coupon and got it.
- November 29, 2009 at 1:46 pm #426552janxdarx8Participant
i have a family of four and use my dryer almost everyday. it did not seem to last 4 months more like 2 and the smell seemed to fade after about a month. i am switching back to dryer sheets and using twice before throwing them away.
- December 1, 2009 at 2:18 am #426572This same type of product existed years ago. I can’t recall the brand, but I don’t think it was Bounce. I used it, as I just, then, thought it was cheaper than a sheet each time, or was too lazy or too forgetful, take your pick.
I can’t say how long it actually lasted, I think that was very dependant on how much I dried with the dryer. But, I do recall, I often “forgot” to replace probably as soon as I needed to. It was usually, when I noticed the static seemed to have returned.
I assume what I used as basically the same as this new Bounce, maybe revamped a bit. I might buy one, but I have to say, I’ve started using the cheapest brand I can find on sale. And, I swear, by cutting each sheet in half, and only using half a sheet, that is plenty to reduce the static and soften.So, if I buy a box of say 80 for maybe $3, I get 160 for that same $3. And, I have been saving them with the “idea” of simply soaking these used one with some fabric softener and reusing that way. That should also be a cheaper way to reuse and save.
- January 31, 2010 at 12:33 pm #427447FreebieQueenModerator
Thank you gals for all of the reviews, I was considering buying one too because I have a tendency to be in a big hurry and sometimes forget completely about the dryer sheet. Btw, if you forget the dryer sheet and need to get rid of the static, you can take a clean wet washcloth (wring it out), dab the corner with liquid fabric softener (great use for those samples we get in the mail) and toss that in the dryer with the clothes, set the dryer on fluff for 5 minutes. Voila, no static and smells great.
- November 19, 2011 at 8:16 am #430479
I love it! they just came out with a 4 month dryer refill, I hope they come out with one that last longer. I seem to be able to use mine longer than 2 months even though I have a 2 month dryer refill bar.The smell isn’t strong and no dryer sheet to worry about and that handy dandy replace is awesome. But with all products to each their own. 🙂
- January 5, 2012 at 4:44 pm #431090
i have one love it but find it to be costly at 5.99 for one bar refill…..have gone back to fabric softner in wash instead….
- January 17, 2012 at 1:50 am #431199
i used one 3 times and the bar busted, it took me days to clean it out of my dryer. it managed to get around the drum and it sounded like gravel everytime i dried clothes.
- April 6, 2012 at 4:51 pm #431785I’ve had mine a good 2 months and it’s still working fine. I already picked up my refill. Kroger here in Indy has digital coupons on their site.
So when they went on sale I used the coupon and got it for $2.99.
- April 8, 2012 at 12:58 am #431793
@Armymomof2 203880 wrote:
I love it! they just came out with a 4 month dryer refill, I hope they come out with one that last longer. I seem to be able to use mine longer than 2 months even though I have a 2 month dryer refill bar.
The smell isn’t strong and no dryer sheet to worry about and that handy dandy replace is awesome. But with all products to each their own. 🙂
I’ve not noticed it, but a girl friend told me there’s a 6 month bar out…she loves it.
I’ve used the 2 months one, and it worked just fine.
- August 22, 2012 at 2:07 pm #432452We use one here and we really like it. It lasts long enough for us, but not sure how long that is, but we only do about 3 loads every Sunday. And we don’t use the scented ones, due to my boyfriend’s daughter having sensitive skin.
Ever since we started using the dryer bar his daughter skin is fine and it make the chore of laundry go easier!
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.