Stuff I’d Like to See General Happy Birthday World Wide Web!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

:occasion16:March 11, 2014 – Did you know the World Wide Web turned 25 today?

Thank you Web inventor, Tim Berners-Lee, for filing your proposal!

If you would like to send a thanks or birthday wish, you may do it anywhere on any public media – just add #web25 for your message to be recognized and picked up.

If you are interested in seeing the Virtual Birthday Card, go to:
      Web at 25: Celebrating the 25th Anniversary of the Invention of the Web:occasion16:

Avatar for willowwendFreebieQueen

@willowwend 448383 wrote:

:occasion16:March 11, 2014 – Did you know the World Wide Web turned 25 today?

Thank you Web inventor, Tim Berners-Lee, for filing your proposal!

If you would like to send a thanks or birthday wish, you may do it anywhere on any public media – just add #web25 for your message to be recognized and picked up.

If you are interested in seeing the Virtual Birthday Card, go to:
      Web at 25: Celebrating the 25th Anniversary of the Invention of the Web:occasion16:

LOL, thanks for sharing Willowwend, but now I feel OLD. I remember when the Internet became “available”. Remember the days of AOL, “You’ve got Mail” upon signing in with that horrible dial up. . . .

Participant

@FreebieQueen 449476 wrote:

LOL, thanks for sharing Willowwend, but now I feel OLD. I remember when the Internet became “available”. Remember the days of AOL, “You’ve got Mail” upon signing in with that horrible dial up. . . .

That’s OK FreebieQueen…I AM OLD! I have kids that are older than the World Wide Web…LOL!

Here’s something to think about…I remember when…

1. Microwaves were created for the general public.
      2. The 1st “cell” phones were released to the general public. They were HUGE, came in a bag, & were generally mounted permanently in a vehicle.
      3. Color TV was released to the general public.
      4. Computers were put in cars for the first time.
      5. You couldn’t get a drink in a plastic bottle – there was no such thing – Glass only!
      6. Milk came only in glass bottles, and you either went to the farm to buy it or they delivered it to your home.
      7. They put running water inside my grandmother’s house.
      8. Telephones were dial only. If you messed up, you had to start all over. I bet it took a full minute to dial 9-1-1…LOL!
      9. Telephone numbers weren’t numbers. They started with letters or words, and you had to talk to an operator to be connected.
      10. Frozen TV dinners had REAL food in them and actually tasted like real, homemade cooking.

I believe I’ve told too much on myself…LOL!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Stuff I’d Like to See General Happy Birthday World Wide Web!