- March 8, 2007 at 7:57 pm #238297BiggerPiggyBankParticipant
I was wondering if anyone had any great ideas for conditioner/
detangler for kids? Both my girls have very long hair and no matter
what I try, their hair is always so difficult to put a brush/comb
thru. They are always screaming and carrying on!
Let me tell you what
I’ve tried: Loreal kids grape conditioner, spray detangler(cheap
brand and expensive brand), Sauve conditioner, Lost Cow conditioner/
detangler, brushing their hair in the shower after the conditioner is
in their hair. It doesn’t seem to matter whether they have been in
the pool or not, I try to brush their hair and they get these
riduculous knots!! I would like not to spend an arm and a leg, but
at this point, I will try anything(because I am about to shave their
heads!!!!!!!) Are there some brushes better than others too for fine,
- March 30, 2014 at 5:58 pm #452826TommygParticipant
anyone have a method of making a spray detangler?
- September 13, 2018 at 3:11 pm #464988
I apologize for bumping this ancient thread…but I have some observations in this field…maybe it will help someone in the future…
We used to love alchemy but a year or two ago started getting rashes from it. I contacted them and they said they had changed their ingredients slightly. Now we use a variety of the following, depending on where I am buying from, whnen I place an order etc
– shampoo bar from Handmade naturals in Brisbane (it lasts forever and is only 4.50) We also used their own shampoo too.
– Natural Instinct shampoo it is $20 for an enormous pump pack – I think it is a lot bigger than the alchemy ones
– Natural Oil Workers Organic Vitamin E – 7.00 for 500ml.
It has a lovely coconut smell.
– suikin which is a bit more exy ($9 for 250ml) but often has a bonus offer where you get another product free
– Auroma which is the cheapest of all. I add my won essential oil because it has no smell at all.
We have also had success with a hemp one but I can’t remember what it is called. IT does have a strong orange essential oil in it though which I found a bit much.
We have tried miessence shampoo but it isn’t my favourite, although we love their deodrant and toothpaste.
- November 27, 2018 at 12:23 am #465122
My daughter has long hair also and I take Pantene for her. So could recommend)
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.