- This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated December 28, 2011 at 11:07 pm by .
- December 26, 2011 at 12:52 am #301803
This MYO ground meat mix is used as a flavoring and thickener in ground beef recipes.
* 2 cups nonfat dry milk powder
* 1 cup cornstarch
* 3/4 cup beef bouillon powder/granules-(no MSG added is best)
* 1/3 cup dried onion flakes
* 1 tsp. dried basil
* 1 1/2 tsp. dried thyme
* 1 tbsp. pepper
* 3 Tbsp. dried parsley
* 1 Tbsp. garlic powder
Mix the ingredients together in a medium bowl and store in an air tight container in a cool, dry place.
- December 26, 2011 at 11:12 pm #430970
What would be the proportions per pound of ground beef? I imagine that it would work well with other ground meat as well.
- December 27, 2011 at 8:00 pm #430981
Absolutely! I usually use at least 1-2 tbsp per pound of meat used, but it’s mostly a ‘by taste” seasoning, or how strong you want the beef flavor in the recipe. Try mixing up a small amount and try…I hope you enjoy it. 🙂
- December 28, 2011 at 11:07 pm #430994
Okay, thanks! I think I see another ‘jar gift’ budding in my little brain
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.