- This topic has 1 reply, 1 voice, and was last updated August 10, 2009 at 12:43 am by .
- August 10, 2009 at 12:43 am #275065
Prep Time: 10 min
Total Time: 10 min
Makes: 4 servings
2 tablespoons Old El Paso® taco seasoning mix (from 1-oz package)
1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1 1/4 lb)
1 tablespoon olive or vegetable oil
1/2 cup barbecue sauce
1/4 cup chili sauce
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1. Heat closed medium-size contact grill for 5 minutes. In shallow bowl, mix taco seasoning mix and oregano.
Brush chicken with oil; coat with taco seasoning mixture. Place chicken on grill. Close grill.
Grill 4 to 6 minutes or until juice of chicken is clear when center of thickest part is cut (170°F).
2. Meanwhile, in 1-quart saucepan, heat barbecue sauce, chili sauce and cumin to boiling over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally. Serve sauce with chicken.
Oven Directions: Heat oven to 375°F. Line shallow baking pan with foil or spray with cooking spray. Place coated chicken in pan.
Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until juice of chicken is clear when center of thickest part is cut (170°F).
High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): Grill chicken 6 to 8 minutes.
Serve sauces on the side when cooking with a contact grill. Because grilling temperatures are high, sauces and glazes burn easily if used during grilling.
For zesty, make-your-own wrap sandwiches, slice the warm chicken into strips and serve with tortillas, shredded lettuce, sliced avocado and the sauce.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.