- August 10, 2009 at 1:13 am #275072
Prep Time: 5 min
Total Time: 47 min
Makes: 8 servings
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
1 large garlic clove, finely chopped
8 pork loin or rib chops, 1/2 inch thick (2 1/2 pounds)
1. Mix all ingredients except pork.
2. Spread chili powder mixture evenly on both sides of pork.
Cover and refrigerate at least 30 minutes but no longer then 24 hours.
3. Heat coals or gas grill for direct heat. Cover and grill pork 4 to 6 inches from medium heat 10 to 12 minutes, turning frequently, until slightly pink when cut near bone.
Did You Know…
Cumin, or comino, has a long culinary history dating back to the Old Testament. Its aromatic, nutty flavor, whether ground or in the form of a seed, is a common ingredient in southwestern, Middle Eastern, Asian and Mediterranean cuisine.
Place chops on a serving platter, and garnish with fresh cilantro sprigs and small clusters of red and green chilies.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.